i’m not going to lie, i’m pretty bad at getting out of bed. this morning, i woke up after only 5 hours of sleep (couldn’t resist a thursday night catch-up drinks session at junoon & bar veloce!) and had exactly 20 minutes to get myself out the door. this is why i always, always shower at night. anyway, factor in that i’ve got to get dressed, brush my teeth, etc in that period of time, and you can see that i don’t have a lot of time for makeup.
let’s get down to business.
(1) i don’t wash my face. no, really. it’s just not necessary and it strips your skin of the moisture that gives you that youthful dewiness. i wash my face once every day, at night. that’s it.
(2) moisturize. i use oil of olay. my mother has used it for over 40 years and she has GREAT skin. done and done.
(3) concealer. WHY DO INDIAN WOMEN GET SUCH AWFUL DARK CIRCLES?? argh. My biggest pet peeve is the heavy concealer bases that get into very fine lines around the eye. My favorite concealers are bobbi brown’s concealer pot and laura mercier’s two-step concealer (links to both below). LM is my absolute favorite because of its two separate colors: one for concealing, the other for brightening.
(4) highlighter. I use the highlighter part of the LM concealer to highlight the bridge of my nose, my chin, and the very tops of my cheekbones (not the fleshy part of your cheek, i mean closer to the hairline). who can resist a good glow?
(5) eyeshadow: i apply soba mac eyeshadow on the eyelids. i love the matte finish and the way it blends into the skin for a totally beautiful, no-makeup look.
(6) liner: oh, lancome crayon kohl. i love this product. if i could buy it a ring and pledge my undying allegiance, i would. with most products, i like playing around and trying new things. this one i’ve been using since college, when i had to stretch 3 days’ worth of lunch over one week in order to save enough to buy my first stick. i only line the top of my eyelid for daytime in order to keep my look light and fresh. i’ll post scott barnes’ instructional on how to do eyeliner (just don’t line the bottom of the eye like he does in order to achieve the same look i go for).
(7) mascara: I’ve been using something by clinique, but my all-time favorite is the volumizer by l’oreal. i use two coats, applied right up against the lash line and gently wiggled in a zig-zag fashion all the way up the lash line.
that’s it! done with morning makeup in under 10 minutes flat. send me a message if you liked this post or want something a bit different!
products mentioned (all bought with my own money, no placement here)
laura mercier concealer: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P109931
mac soba eyeshadow: http://www.maccosmetics.com/search/esearch.tmpl?search=soba
the apple of my eye, crayon kohl: http://www.lancome-usa.com/Le-Crayon-Kh%C3%B4l/138847,default,pd.html
scott barnes smokey eye video (start about a minute in, and you don’t need to line the inner eye if you don’t want to for daytime):
- blogbeautessentials likes this
- blogbeautessentials reblogged this from vysis and added:
- heartsouthasia likes this
- shelizajabar likes this
- lumpy86 likes this
- tazgodamunne likes this
- sunshinetomyrainclouds likes this
- preea likes this
- goodbitchbadbitch likes this
- vysis posted this